The Port of Newport is seeking an Administrative and Executive Assistant. This is a Permanent full-time position. At Port of Newport, we are committed to excellence in all we do.
As a Port employee, you will receive a competitive pay package plus benefits which include fully paid medical, dental, and life insurance, and enrollment in the Public Employee Retirement System (PERS).
Summary of duties and responsibilities:
· Draft Agenda, proof and gather documents for monthly Commission meetings.
· Prepare, distribute, and post meeting materials and packets.
· Take notes, prepare meeting minutes, action items memo, and update the Commission actions report.
· Establish a records management process that allows for ease of access, and orderly retention and disposition of public records, and ensures preservation of public records of value.
· Maintain comprehensive general files and records.
· Make initial response to Public Records Requests and route to the appropriate department; follow up on status of records requests, maintain public request records.
· Organize the Port’s website menus and information; gather data, files, documents and images for use on the website; and maintain the Port of Newport website, including posting updated documents.
· Assist the General Manager, Director of Finance and Director of Operations in maintaining all necessary permanent files and working files including permits, leases, resolutions, ordinances, and other supporting documentation.
Five-to-eight years of previous business administration or any equivalent combination of education and experience which demonstrates the knowledge, skill, and ability to perform the essential functions herein described.
Requires training, experience, and proficiency in general office clerical procedures, as well as computer applications for Microsoft Windows, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Must be at least 21 years of age and possess a driver’s license accepted by the State of Oregon upon hire and must be insurable by Ports insurance provider.
Event and meeting planning experience. Previous “port” business administration experience desirable.
See below for a job description.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to HR@portofnewport.com190913_Admin Super Job Description.pdf